The GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is housed in the former Wilson Safety Products building where goggles and safety glasses had been manufactured since 1871. Studio, gallery, office and support facilities were created through extensive renovations for the fine arts and performing arts.
The building houses 32 artist studios, a 3,000 square foot glass blowing facility, a 4,000 square foot warm and cold glass studio/classroom, a 4,000 square foot ceramics studio, a 4,000 square foot wood shop, a jewelry workshop, a 130-seat film theater, photography classroom, and dance and music classrooms. Four galleries feature the work of local, regional and national artists. Other facilities and programs include an arts supply store, a café, and educational opportunities available to area schools, universities, neighborhood organizations and community members.
The first phase, 150,000 sq. ft, was completed in 2005.